After completing installation of WAMP server on my windows 7 system, if try to run it, wamp throws error like:
“The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.”
WAMP will give proper instruction while installation process that system should be updated with below mention packages and addition to this if you have Skype installed in your PC you should close it. Skype share the same port as WAMP and will generate port issue. You can change skype port easily a detail blog here.
So before you install WAMP you need to have VC9, VC10, VC11, VC13 and VC14 packages with updated version, else it wont work on your windows system and generate error.
You can install all above packages from below links:
Here I am showing how you simply share files and folders between Remote desktop to your local system using Windows 10. Follow below steps and your local folder get shared to your remote desktop. Using that folder/drive you just copy all your files and folder between Remote and local systems very easily.
1) Click on start and type “remote Desktop Connection” and it will open connection window.
2) Enter the ip address/computer name in “Computer” box.
3) click on “Show options” on left bottom on poppup window and then click “Local Resources” Tab.
4) Look for section with “Local devices and resources” and click on “More” button.
5) It will open a window with your local drivers. Check the local drive you want to share to remote server and click “OK” button.
6) Click on “Connect”, it will connect to remote system.
7) Now try to open explorer and you can see your local drive is listed like below.
8) Now whatever you have in that folder can be copied to remote server and vice versa easily.
After deploying C# MVC 4 application to IIS 10 server my application is giving below error: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault=”Deny”), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode=”Deny” or the legacy allowOverride=”false”.
There are many reason for this error but I am sharing below steps which solved by problem:
1) Open IIS server and go the your application in “Connections” section on left side.
2) On clicking on application, in middle pan search for “Configuration Editior” under “Management”.
3) On configuration Editior select “system.webServer/handlers” from “Section” dropdown.
4) Select “ApplicationHost.Config…” from “From dropdown.
5) From “(Collection) Element” click on “unlock element”
6) Right click on middle pan and save the changes.
7) After saving applicationHost must be unlocked and your website should run fine.
Showing here, how you can update IIS server port number in windows 10/8 system. There may be several reason you want to change the port but for me its WAMP, I am using it for PHP projects. IIS and WAMP use same port which make trouble developing. So I updated IIS port. You can also update the WAMP port, referring to my blog
Follow the below steps to update IIS server port number:
1) Go start and type IIS
2) IIS Manager will open. click on “Default Web Site” on left hand side.
3) click on “bindings…” from the right side action section.
4) Popup will open with 80 port listed. select it and click the edit button as below
5) Update the port and restart the server.Now try to access using browser like below: