Today I need to generate ERD for my Database. If you search on net you will get number of people suggest Workbench for it but as i am using PHPMyAdmin as an GUI for my Mysql database I just don't want to install workbench only for generating ERD. And above all when PHPMyAdmin support it (from 3.4 version) than what more I need.
So here I am sharing few steps to generate ERD from PHPMyAdmin: Go to your PHPMyAdmin setup, usually it is "http://localhost/phpmyadmin" in your local machine.
1) Select the database for which you want to generate.
2) Select "Designer" from top menu to generate ERD.
3) There is "Table list" on left side of the pane. Using this you can additional connections between the tables using "create relationship".
4) Once you are done with ERD creation, click on "Export Schema" icon from left menu. It will give a popup to save it as PDF. It also provide option as "Dia", "SVG" and "EPS". You also can set orientation and paper size etc.,
5) Than Click on "Go" button at the bottom of popup, it will generate the PDF with database name as PDF file name.
My PHPMyAdmin version: 4.9.2
My MySql Version: 8.4
That all!!! Its very easy and simple