Redmi Note 4: Contacts are getting merged automatically
My contacts are getting merge automatically and showing wrong profile pic and name while dialing to another contact number. This problem is with Xiaomi Note 3 and Note 4. And there are no specific solutions for it. But below I am sharing what work for me. See if it helps you out:
Steps listing here is specifically for Redmi Note 4 MIUI version 9.0:
1) Go to settings => Accounts => Sync. Look for app listed below google and WhatsApp that synchronise with your contact.
For me it is Trucaller which making me trouble. Stop synchronising that app so that it will stop affecting others contacts.
Now you need to make contact as it is before. For this you need to first make sure your account is sync and updated with google. And do the following:
1) Go to Settings => Permission under App Setting => Permission.
2) Now you will see list of App permission. Look for “Contacts” and click it.
3) Now you will see the list of “Contact permissions”, search for “Contact and dialer”, it is enable. Make it disable.
As soon as you make it disable, your all contact will be gone.
4) Now “Enable” it again.
After enabling if you see your contact then good else additionally you can sync your google contact from here:
1) Go settings => Sync under Accounts => Select Google you will see below screen.
2) Just uncheck and check again to sync the google contact again back to your device.
Hope this will solve someone problem.